1. What will first cause your eyes to pop from your head is that the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]Nikon D3X DSLR[/amazon_link] is quite likely the ultimate pro camera with its 24.5-megapixel, FX-format CMOS sensor. The resolution of the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]D3X [/amazon_link]is a major advantage for many photographers, but especially stock, commercial and fashion photographers, who often see their images super enlarged, even to billboard size.
2. To earn the respect of professionals (and serious enthusiasts with deep pockets), the D3X must look and feel like professional-grade equipment. The camera’s magnesium alloy body that is sealed from dust and moisture is immediate evidence of its construction quality. At 2 lbs., 11 oz. (1220g), the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]D3X[/amazon_link] has enough heft to feel solid in your hands, but also allows for a long day of shooting without hands, arms or shoulder fatigue.
The battery grip also provides the versatility that pros demand. Use the grip either horizontally or vertically for portraits, landscapes and fashion. The [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]D3X [/amazon_link]package includes a MH-22 quick charger, so the photographer will always have two charged battery packs. (A second pack is an option.) The complete charge time is approximately 2 1/4 hours.
3. Pros also demand easy and complete control of their camera and the shooting process. Nikon answered the call by carefully designing ergonomically superior buttons and other fingertip controls, plus an LCD window on the top of the camera. At the rear is a 3-inch, 920,000-dot resolution LCD with Live View functionality and a smaller LCD panel below the main display. The optical viewfinder is big, captures plenty of light, and provides 100% coverage.
4. Many photographers will have to force their eyes back into their head when they see the long list of lenses that are compatible with the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]Nikon D3X DSLR.[/amazon_link] This includes support of DX lenses. The viewfinder automatically masks the display for the 1.5x crop factor.
5. Nikon’s Multi-CAM3500FX Auto-Focus module gives the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]D3X 51[/amazon_link] focusing points, 15 cross-type. The technology delivers more vertical coverage and a wide range of selection/grouping options. Its four Dynamic AF modes include 3D Focus Tracking. This is auto-focus at its best, seeking and holding moving subject matter, even in low-light situations, making the resulting images exceedingly sharp and precise.
6. Third-party tests reveal that Nikon’s Picture Control feature in the D3X particularly benefits landscape photographers. Upon selecting Vivid from the four preset options (the others being Standard, Neutral and Monochrome), they can capture colors that virtually match the subtle hues and tones of nature. Picture Control also provides 9 customizable settings, so photographers can be even more creative and give their images a signature all their own.
7. Your peepers will be ready to leap from their sockets with the[amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ] D3X’[/amazon_link]s RAW file-capture capability. Nikon renders RAW files in its NEF format with 16-bit processing in approximately 138MB 12 or 14 bit image files. D3X owners have the option of selecting bit depths of 12-bit (4,096 tones) or 14-bit (16,384 tones). Either gives any pro the exceptional image quality they expect in a DSLR at this level.
8. Third-party tests also confirm the professional-grade results of the[amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ] D3X[/amazon_link]’s Active D-Lighting feature, especially in the Auto mode. Highlights and shadows were recorded with an extraordinary balance of detail, with neither blooming (highlights) nor extreme density (shadows). Nikon’s D-Lighting feature not only pushes more of the complete dynamic range of the sensor into JPEGs, but also operates independently and quickly before raw image data can be processed into JPEGs.
9. Professional photographers, who do most of their shooting on location, either interiors or exteriors, are opening their eyes wider when they see the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]D3X [/amazon_link]is built with Nikon’s wireless WT-4 unit and first-time GPS capabilities.
10. Believe or not, the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]Nikon D3X DSLR[/amazon_link]’s price tag of $7,999.95 from BH Photo Video doesn’t cause many bug-eyed looks from the pros. They know superior quality when they see it, and they know they need it. For those pros at the top of their game, and paid accordingly, the [amazon_link id="B001MJ03U0" target="_blank" ]D3X[/amazon_link] is a no-brainer investment.
There are many more pro-quality features of the Nikon D3X that make it as good as any DSLR in the market, and you can read about them at http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25442/D3X.html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-Overview.
The BH Photo Video page for the D3X is
[amazon_enhanced asin="B001MJ03U0" /]